Re: LVM not fit for default

Personally I agree with Andy in what he's said before on the part of LVM.

First of all I have experienced the same "no help hell" with lvm when it crashes. (not if, when) I had FC3 installed on my Compaq R3000 Series notebook, default settings, except for package options. Ran that for about three weeks. I reinstall testing out new distros quite a lot, so I don't worry about backing up the entire system, and something happened with the system, the kernel panicked when it couldn't find a root FS. Same problem as andy.

Basically All I'm trying to say is that yes it fails sometime, no it is a cool thing to have, but either give us some tools on default install/rescue disc to combat the issue, or take it out unless the system detects a RAID array.

Thanks guys,

Chris