Re: Testing Fedora - small (?) suggestion.

On Saturday 11 November 2006 13:26, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Not if we block only the broken parts. You know, instead of using
> testers to shame maintainers in fixing broken deps, have the buildsys do
> it, and only expose sane trees to users (with the "broken" packagesets
> being held where the buildsys can find them till they're complete)

Thats quite the complexity to try spinning the tree, find broken deps, drop
out packages, try again, rather, rinse repeat.

Look, rawhide is just a work in progress, a snapshot of what happened the day
before.  We can't aways have a completely stable tree.  Trying for that is
the road to insanity.  This is why we have test releases where we freeze
things to get the tree into a sane state.  Could we do more frozen iso
releases?  Possibly, depending on the build system we use and how freezes can
be handled.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora