Re: fedora time bug

Am Donnerstag, den 28.09.2006, 15:30 -0500 schrieb Jason Dravet:
It could be a few things, I expect Windows is finding with Linux about
the date of the system clock. One wants UTC the other doesn't, but >you said you tried that.

A while back there was a bug in the gnome applet for displaying the >time that would ignore the timezone - what does "date" from a console >say? Does it agree with the applet?

Perhaps your Linux box is even syncing with a bad time server, but I
doubt it.

I tried both with UTC and without. This time problem has been happening since test2.

Date displays the correct time, the gnome clock applet shows five hours in the future. Central time is 7 hours behind GMT if my memory is right. The timezone is set correctly according to the applet.

Thanks,
Jason