Re: fedora time bug

Jason,
If you are using Windows, make sure UTC is uncheck and select the correct timezone (any CST - central standard timezone will do). Under "Network Time Protocol" tab check:
    [x] Enable Network Time Protocol
Further down, click on "Show advanced options" and check only the top option:
      [x] Synchronize system clock before starting service
      [ ] use local time source

Bring up the "Terminal" to restart the NTP service under the command prompt:
   /etc/init.d/ntpd restart
# NOTE: this is redundant but, it will test whether your time will remain on time upon reboot.

eric

Jason Dravet wrote:
I am running today's rawhide and my clock is all screwed up. Truth be told this has been happening for a couple of weeks now. The clock on the panel (gnome-applets) shows the time 5 hours into the future. If I adjust date and time, the current time (greyed out because I use ntp) shows the correct time. I tried checking and unchecking use UTC and nothing happens. I live in the central time zone. When I reboot into Windows the time is the screwed time from rawhide. What is wrong?

Thanks,
Jason