Re: Any chance of getting Firefox 2.0 into rawhide/FC6?

On 9/27/06, Christopher Aillon <caillon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Benjy Grogan wrote:
> On 9/27/06, Christopher Aillon <caillon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A web browser is important yes.  But does it really matter which one?
Seriously.  As long as people can buy stuff off ebay and amazon, view
porn, count how many myspace friends they have today, send webmail, look
up music lyrics, or whatever it is people do on the web, that's all they
really care about.

But I want my SVG porn singing the latest itunes on my RHEL-4 box!

Besides, GNOME and gaim are applications designed and written for you
the Linux user in mind (GNOME arguably is done with the Fedora user in
mind), and we have sway with what goes in to that codebase.  Firefox is
written with the Windows user in mind and if you find bugs, I am not
guaranteed to be able to fix them because I (on behalf of Fedora or Red
Hat) can't make changes to the source code without getting approval from
the Mozilla Corporation pursuant to their trademarking guidelines.

IceWeasel!