Re: Cross-compilers.

Philip Balister wrote:
I am still not sure why people want cross compilers in Fedora? Maybe I missed the very beginning of the thread.

You missed the beginning of the thread. If you check the archives you'll see there are as many reasons as people who are interested in this. For my part, I would like to see porting Fedora to new platforms be a relatively straightforward task.

There are a number of project dedicated to building images using cross tool chains. The problem is much more involved than supplying a cross compiler.

Well, yes, but you have to start somewhere. Many of the people participating in this thread use cross tools on a daily basis.

www.openembedded.org
buildroot

Will read up on these next...

scratchbox

This looks pretty slick, but it requires a QEMU port in order to work.

-Brendan (blc@xxxxxxxxxx)