Re: possible yast porting? was: slashdot on fedora-marketing-list

On 9/6/06, Nils Philippsen <nphilipp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 11:40 +0200, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Oh no!
>
> YaST is one of the primary things that i dislike about SuSE. screws up
> manually configured things. Needs to run SuSEconfig all the time to sync
> config database etc etc... Lets just make more(/better?) system-config*
> tools and perhaps a folder with shortcuts to all these.

Better, definitely.

I for myself freely admit that the system-config tools I work on(*) have
room for improvement in many areas. Come forward with your RFEs, come
forward with ideas for UI fixes or patches to bring text mode up to
speed, come forward with _anything_, but don't complain afterwards if
you stayed silent. This is not a carte blanche that I'll do everything
suggested, but at least you may later complain if I didn't ;-).

(*): -date, -nfs, -samba, -services, -users, hwbrowser (the latter
should be redone completely on top of HAL)

Nils

Since you asked, I can think of one for -samba.

Also, I would like your permission to emal you directly about non
fedora-devel-list worthy things as I continue work on
system-config-backup.

Thank you.
--
Fedora Core 5 and proud