Re: some closure on the xorg updates issue

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Rahul <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
So what is the solution you are suggesting? The balance we are trying to reach here is avoid regressions while being a fast moving distribution.

1. Breaking a proprietary driver which was never supported is not a regression.
2. As for actual regressions (i.e. not 1.), if the upgrade fixes more than it breaks, it is a net win. This is what needs to be evaluated, and what updates-testing is for.

We have already discussed all the pros and cons within the board taking into account the discussions in the previous thread and talking to the current Fedora Xorg maintainers about it. We arent going to rehash all that right now. We have made the decision and have announced it. You are free to host your own repository with the Xorg updates and invite others to use it however. Thank you.

Rahul