Re: Fedora's intended target audience?

On 7/27/06, Chris Chabot <chabotc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First we try desperately to educate users that they should always update,
even write pretty applets for it and other programs that make this possible

Then we tell them that they have to master editing config files and learn
about exclude-lists? Sounds puzzling to me still :-)

Choice is encouraging people to upgrade to RHEL, or FC6, taking away choice
is putting things in updates that people without our tech knowledge would
never suspect

Ps, on the list I've seen a few times @redhat.com's suggesting changing to
RHEL, which sounds as good as a solution to me as a @microsoft.com's
suggesting upgrading to Windows XP .. in both  cases they take away some of
the merit of the argument your trying to make

Ok non-redhat person suggesting.. if you are going to run a mission
critical server that is going to need to stay stable, not change for a
couple of years, etc.. then use Red Hat/Centos/Scientific Enterprise
Linux.

Linux is about choice. Some of those choices are choices that a user
gets to make, and some are choices that the developers get to make.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator