Re: FC5 (lack of) quality

On 4/14/06, Marius Andreiana <mandreiana.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 22:17 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> v4l has been changing at a fast rate upstream lately, with some old
> stuff being phased out, and other restructured, so it's perfectly
> possible udev has not caught up yet.
>
> You're paying all the years v4l was developed mainly in an external CVS.
> Hopefully it'll soon become a boring kernel subsystem like networking.
> But there is some pain ahead this year
Would have been nice to have this in release notes, so users which
really want TV stick to FC4 and users which choose to upgrade ignore
their tv tuners (I will now).

I've updated the bug with this info, moved to udev and put severity from
normal to low.

Thanks,
--
Marius Andreiana

Just to let you know all is not lost, my tv card works (almost) as well as in FC4 and didn't require any confiugration.