Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

would have discovered the D-Conf spec and related discussion and
followed up on it to see how its impacting upstream GConf development.
All of which happens outside the scope of fedora.

"D-Conf generated a long discussion on FreeDesktop.org's XDG mailling list. Its objective is to standarize configuration across desktop frameworks like Gnome and KDE, so no focus is being devoted to global non-desktop system configurations.

It was very difficult to find the D-Conf website (not found in the end), and seems that all is available is that XDG discussion, and a wiki page containing analisys of what is required, and development directions. Nothing else.

Conclusion: D-Conf is vaporware. "

source: http://www.libelektra.org/D-Conf

I hope you are right and D-conf is making a difference, that seems to be debatable however. Btw by all means do not be nice on my account, I enjoy raw personality :).

Cheers,
Shane