Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, sean wrote:

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:33:17 -0800 (PST)
Shane Stixrud <shane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The above project has the concept of "backends" that can be made to
understand specific configuration formats.  There is an example where
Xorg.conf can be imported and exported on demand.

http://www.libelektra.org/Backends

If you think this package is going to be the long term answer, why not
start by packaging it up for extras?

I have not said that. I am interested in the right solution and on something this important and massive I can't see it working without rough community agreement on what that thing would look like. If the community felt elektra was a good direction then I would be more than happy to package it up, although I am sure the authors would beat me too it.

Shane