Re: Help Needed: FC5 Blocker List and Rawhide Install Testing

Patrice Dumas wrote:
2) Leftovers

After the update, I had those packages from fc4 still installed:

gnome-kerberos system-config-mouse comps perl-XML-Encoding gimp-gap
iiimf-libs

I could remove them without any issue, and they didn't blocked any update.

I investigated a bit, gnome-kerberos system-config-mouse and gimp-gap
weren't needed by anything, comps was needed by an apt subpackage (from
extras if I'm not wrong),  perl-XML-Encoding was needed by foomatic and
perl-libxml-enno, and it seems that perl-libxml-enno has been obsoleted
by other perl modules.

Regarding perl-XML-Encoding, perl-libxml-enno, and foomatic, see Bugzilla #128879

Basically, perl-libxml-enno has been split into (some of) its constituent modules (I believe perl-XML-DOM should obsolete it), and perl-XML-Encoding, which was a dep of perl-libxml-enno, is no longer needed in FC5 and so was dropped. foomatic has dropped the deps on these packages too.

Paul.