Re: Non-free Extras?

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

For the moment I haven't heard of an OSS solution with good performance
for 3D games....

My Radeon 9200 works just wonderfully using the Free R200 DRI stack. (Then
again, I'm not much for heavily graphics-intensive games anyhoo, except
for the occasional match of Nexuiz with my friends.
I am not very impressed with the benchmarks for this particular card (I am looking at 9200 SE 128). It appears to be in the same class as an Nvidia GeForce 5200 FX. My previous generation card was a 5700 FX Ultra, which at this point I consider obsolete, since it can't run any of the latest games without significant lag.

The SE is a very bad choice it only has a 64 bit wide memory bus making it severly crippled. If you want to judge the 9200's judge a real one.

Regards,

Hans