Re: The value of native java

Mauro Mozzarelli wrote:
Perhaps this attitude does not make Europeans materially reach, but it
makes me feel "free" and culturally reach anyway.

Yes, thank you for that lovely troll.

The world involves ALL of the world, not just Western Europe. There are places that are less free. There are places that are a lot more free. We are here to forge a global project, and the aim of this project is to be available to as many people as possible, without any potential legal problems for them.

If this means that we have to pussy-foot around the issue of patents in order to be able to make our product available to the widest possible audience, then we will do so. Trolling about this won't make the issue go away.

PS: I believe someone over there just resigned from a government post because he wore a shirt with a cartoon on it. There, now we're even and can go back to being productive instead of mockingly pointing fingers across the ocean. It really makes all of us look like a bunch of rear-end cavities.

--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
McGill University WSG

Jayne: "I'll be in my bunk."