Re: Bugzilla dupes attack

David Nielsen wrote:

tir, 14 02 2006 kl. 23:48 +0530, skrev Rahul Sundaram:

Please be specific enough and provide examples.What is the current results and what is expected in the search query?. If you are talking about interface improvements can you provide mockups?. If not what can you do to help?

One of the really good ideas in Malone (Ubuntu' bugtracker) is that the
database can be traversed like a directory, I would love to be able to
do something similar, like this:
+ Fedora
+ Core
 + cdrecord  [All open bugs] [All open bugs upstream] [File bug]

So that I don't have to enter search terms to find an application, check
the list of bugs of this application and check upstream for known bugs
(and if relevant point a pointer bug in FC bugzilla to upstream for
tracker blocker purposes, etc.).

- David
I discussed Malone with the Ubuntu people over email when someone mentioned this in fedora-test list. It is a proprietary application now and we would rather use a Free and open source application without our infrastructure. I heard there are plans to include XML RPC support in bug buddy so thats a good thing.

If someone could hook up translations in the same way I would consider
them worthy of doughnut rain.
I would like to keep this discussion specific to improvements that help in triaging bugs for now. There are broader plans to help with integrate translation and rest of the infrastructure but thats not what I am talking about here.

--
Rahul