Re: RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

You certainly have a hard job, and respect is due.  But I personally
have not mailed you offlist AFAICR or done these other things, except
possibly the occasional crap-treating.
I wasnt talking about isolated incidents. Been kind of increasing steadily over months really. Its not constructive at all. I could do more work if people dont indulge in name calling every other day for no good reason. I heard other engineers haven't been fairing much better either. Everybody would go into a shell getting the opposite effect of what you want.

I simply pointed out it DID have some bad press, maybe that decreased
the value of "Fedora Legacy" in peoples' minds, I am not complaining
about it.  I agree this community thing is a double-edged sword and
despite your Wiki effort it isn't in such abundance as it could be
coming into RH as opposed to out of it.
We arent doing a perfect job here. Far from it. Red Hat has a bunch of hacker realistic people everywhere who do you a whole bunch of great stuff and never talk about it anywhere since they rather churn out even more code. Misconceptions keeps build up elsewhere. Kind of slowing getting better though. There is a bunch of stuff in the wiki thats shaping up nicely but I can do better just for some kicks...

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-list/2006-January/msg00030.html
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-January/msg00091.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2006-January/msg00048.html
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RedHatContributions
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/TestingGuide

Pure volunteer grunt work really. No coding, packaging and Ph.D's required. Just some interest.

Well not everybody writing code in the general sense is ready to take up
work like Legacy.  Only in the last months did I get used to patch,
diff, specfiles and so on and get a feel for autotools-based trees.
Documentation really requires familiarity, it is out there but only
certain people have it.  Then there is the difficulty to manage what the
contributor is enthused to do with what is seen as needed in RH.  So to
date I managed to add nothing but mailing list duty.  Elsewhere in the
GPL world I work on other things though.
Think about it. A whole lot of people are treating it as a gratis product rather than a community project. The number of times I hear people complaining about bugs you would think they would jump at solutions. Right?

Been there for a while now. We could use more takers to put it mildly. We kind of got a solution now though

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg00572.html

--
Rahul