Re: RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On 1/18/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's a proposal... just give "fedora Legacy" the keys to the standard
updates repo when its time is up.  Updates just keep coming, from the
usual place, users don't have to take action or notice or get fearful.
Change the "fedora Legacy" project name to "Stability Response Team",
"updates-released monkeymen" or "Deep Update Attack Tigers!!!".  Stick
an article or two in Red Hat Magazine saluting the work of the maintainers.

Agreed on that 100%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now there isn't a per-release key
used for fedora core packages.  I don't think its appropriate to hand
over the keys across Core/Legacy bounary unless Core moves to
per-release keys which Core is garunteed not to use again in later
releases.

Beyond that, I really do not think it makes any sense at all for
legacy and core sharing signing keys...ever.
I think that was a metaphor rather than GPG keys. Atleast thats what I agreed to.

--
Rahul