Re: rawhide stability

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
SELinux tends to be the fall guy for every other componant that changes on the system. For example if the maintainer of hal decides it needs to access a new directory and the developer is not running selinux in enforcing mode, then the new version of hal gets introduced which is broken by SELinux in enforcing mode. So it looks like SELinux is broken when in reality the problem was that the SELinux developers did not know about the change to hal. Rawhide breaks and the SELinux policy developers fix it in the next days rawhide. Not an excuse, but it is reality of the Rawhide environment. Hopefully as we get closer to shipping, these problems will lesson.

Daniel, thanks for the explanation. I was not trying to lay the blame the selinux team (or anyone else). Like you wrote, the responsibility for the current situation is collective. I was only pointing out that with all the Fedora component roadmap interactions the current devel is pretty instable. Which is a bit frightening given we already have two test releases behind us and the next one is scheduled soonish.

--
Nicolas Mailhot