Re: Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Hi

We could have done that with RealPlayer long before. We dont do that since we dont support proprietary formats. If you want a Free software platform be prepared to support and use a Free and superior format like Ogg. Thats my take on it.

I think that's a great and courageous statement to make.

Yes it is.

 The reason
we're giving away this plug-in, legally, is because we feel users and
distributions should be given the choice to allow their users to migrate
from closed to open formats.

Thomas
Red Hat happens to be doing similar things all the time. Evince or GCJ for recent examples. Again I do believe your solution makes sense for a whole lot of people regardless of my stand on it.

--
Rahul
Learn. Network. Experience open source.