Re: Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
If you want mp3 support in a region where software patents are enforced you could use any recent version of RealPlayer or you can buy a proprietary plugin from Fluendo and all your gstreamer enabled application would potentially work seamlessly. Since gstreamer is sort of the Free desktop standard with GNOME and increasingly KDE and many other applications using it, this might be good news for them.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and all opinions expressed by me have so far are my own.

On the positive side, I think Fedora is allowed now to write in FAQ or release notes: "to play mp3 files, go to this specific Fluendo page, click and install the rpm"

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/