YUM repository precedence RFE

All,

I'm suggesting an enhancement to yum so that one could configure "priorities"
or a "precedence" (preference) order for multiple repositories.  For example,
I could say that I want packages from repo Y to be used even if there are
newer versions in repo X.

This would allow one to build customized repos that only contain the small
subset of packages that need customization, even if those packages exist in
the base repo, Fedora Extras, Dag, etc.  I think that this will make it
easier to deal with building and maintaining local-use mirrors, like I have
at home, as well as other more widely used mirrors (like kde-redhat, for
example).

The implementation should be very simple.  If the "precedence" variable exists
in the .repo file, use that number to sort out which repo's packages to use
in cases where there is duplication.

Thoughts?
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont@xxxxxxxxxxxx>