Re: fc5 goals

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
Actually, I dislike both arts and esd.  In the past, I've had to find
lots of workarounds for sound problems caused by them.

Can't these darn desktops just play through ALSA without using
a sound server, like all normal applications do?

+100

I'd add that kde depends on esound, which is also unfortunate.
The desktops should be independent of each other, or at least
based on a common infrastructure (which is what freedesktop has
been trying to achieve).

What if the Fedora Installer was able to install KDE by downloading it from Extras rather than from the CD ?

I'm all in favor of shrinking the core distribution to save
bandwidth, but the main distribution focus should be to fit
everything into a single DVD, not a single CD.

+1. While it's important to have a consistent policy on what should or should not be part of Fedora Core vs Extras, i do have a feeling that too much time and energy is being spent on a non-issue, energy that could probably be better spent elsewhere...

-denis