Re: Execute RPM dependency generators on the .spec file which ships them

Dne 04. 09. 24 v 22:43 Dridi Boukelmoune napsal(a):
On Wed, Sep 4, 2024 at 12:39 PM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And the package has been retired in Rawhide, because RPM 4.20+ provides
its own implementation (and there should not be other users to my
knowledge):
I just started using it, it saves me the trouble of bootstrapping a
package, and I was about to sing you my praises for this neat little
hack.

😊

If you don't wish to maintain it, I will unretire rpm-local-generator-support
and keep it around until RPM 4.20 becomes the baseline.

I have retired the package in Rawhide and orphaned elsewhere, because I don't think it really needs maintenance. So feel free to use it as it is.

If your concern is compatibility of .spec files over all supported Fedoras, then I'd suggest to have a bit different version for Rawhide. I have not tried to find a way to make single .spec file to work everywhere. It is likely doable with some conditionals.

Vít

https://rpm-software-management.github.io/rpm/manual/dependency_generators.html#using-file-attributes-in-their-own-package

The difference in use is minimal:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ruby/pull-request/187#request_diff