Re: Unannounced soname bump in libre2

Given the timing and the complexity of the dependency chains involved here, I used provenpackager privilege to start rebuilding grpc in both F42 and F41, which will unblock many of the other packages that need to be rebuilt.

To do so, I added a BuildRequires on openssl-devel-engine[1] as a short/medium-term resolution for FTBFS due to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/OpensslDeprecateEngine. The rebuilds are still in progress – it usually takes about 2-3 hours to build grpc in koji – but I expect them to succeed.

- https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=121948781

- https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=121948783

If I have time later today, I’ll check in on these and try to rebuild more of the affected packages.

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/grpc/c/2f7c688380196227334a331cfc701bc5e203157c?branch=rawhide