Re: Fedora rawhide (to be f41) and openssl engines

On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 11:35 AM Dmitry Belyavskiy <dbelyavs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So I wonder if it's worth changing the engine deprecation mechanism in
> Fedora to the one we have in CentOS and if yes, what is the mechanism
> for such a change.

I think you are free to submit a (very) late change
request, but changing what was approved
(and what some people have already adopted
to) without a new FESCo approval seems
very very wrong to me, as it would seem to
make a mockery of the entire change request
process (i.e. lets get a change approved,
and then change the details afterwards).

It would seem to me that if the unexpected
fallout is considered to be too great, the
proper approach is to revert the entire
change, and re-propose in a future release
with a revised proposal (where all the
discussions can happen all over again).