Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: SquashFS?

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 19:23 +0100, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 08:03:16PM +0200, Darko Ilic wrote:
> Well, having unionfs included in the kernel would be *great* for live > CDs.
>
> If we could push both unionfs and SquashFS to go upstream, that would > improve
> the quality of live CDs dramatically.

To have unionfs and squashfs upstream would be nice, yes. But they can
be used regardless of being upstream or not.

Not for an official Fedora Live CD.  One aspect is that it *must* be
built using components distributed as part of Fedora and we're
(generally speaking) against patches which aren't upstream because they
significantly raise the maintenance burden and then also get people
complaining because the kernel isn't "stock"

Jeremy