Re: Epel8 build with python > 3.6?

V Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 05:24:55AM -0400, Stephen Smoogen napsal(a):
> So you are running into modularity issue there and I am guessing it is from
> mock versus koji because koji gets around modularity with a hack. In mock
> you have to tell it to enable the module there are in. I don’t know the
> syntax off hand but it is probably a command line flag.

It's not a modularity issue. The issue is the python38-pytest is only built as
a modular package. In contrast to python38 or python312 packages which are
built a nonmodular packages.

It's a common misinterpretation of missing packages as "modularity breaks my
system". Reality is that Python team does not build 3rd-party packages, like
pytest, for nondefault Python out of modules. They could, but they don't.

The error message only means that the only python38-pytest package found is
from python38:3.8 module stream, but that stream is not enabled. That's all.

If Mark cannot enable the stream for whatever reason, the only option for
him to build pytest against python38 for himslelf.

-- Petr