Re: F42 Change Proposal: Opt-In Metrics for Fedora Workstation (system-wide)

So, I ask the questioners what is the exact scenario they are contesting? why is the data on distribution of memory sizes privacy-relevant?

whether or not 'you' consider ANY of 'my' data "privacy-relevant" is irrelevant.
that others "do it" is irrelevant.

'my' data, 'my' decision. not 'yours'.

to my earlier comment,

don't install ANY data-collection/gathering/etc tools on 'my' systems by default.

document 'your' your tools.
package them cleanly.
give users the OPTION to choose to INSTALL your tools/packages; again, do not install them by default.
make 'your' "pitch" for value of the data/tools to your users.  Website or Magazine should do nicely.

if 'your' argument in compelling & trusted, users will install it and enable 'your' tools.
if THEY choose to.
those who choose NOT to, won't.

NONE of this has any bearing whatsoever on the real or perceived value of any tool or collected data whatsoever.

it's up to 'you' to make a compelling argument for their confirmed opt-in use.
not avoid the responsibility through policy defaults.

do this, and no-one will be bothered, threatened, scared, etc.
and if 'you' do a good job of making the case, you'll have your data.