kernel-modules in extras (Was: Re: SquashFS?)

Am Donnerstag, den 20.10.2005, 18:35 -0700 schrieb Toshio Kuratomi:
>[...]
>3) We integrate these modules in Extras.

Just out of curiosity:  Can squashfs or unionfs build as a module
without patching the core kernel?

> Or can we finally muster the will to package
> kernel modules for Extras _knowing_ that the policies and proceedures we
> set out in the first cut will need to be revised, possibly with a great
> deal of pain?
>
> Sorry for the emotion but kernel modules are currently stuck in a very
> undesirable limbo that's not doing Fedora as a whole any good.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraExtrasSchedule

Task Name, Owner, Priority, Target Date, Notes
Kernel module standardization, ThorstenLeemhuis, 1, soon, Good discussion underway, will continue to drive forward
[...]

Might take some more weeks but we're getting somewhere. Stay tuned on
the usual mailing list, but give us some days to sort everything out.

CU
thl