Re: koji excessive timeouts

On Mon, Jul 01, 2024 at 01:57:39PM GMT, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2024 at 02:24:45PM +0200, Ralf Corsépius wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Today, I am unable to access koji, apparently due to excessive timeouts.
> >
> > In ca. 3 out of 4 attempts, I am greeted with an error message of this kind:
> >
> > Gateway Timeout
> >
> > The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream
> > server or application.
>
> Can confirm, it's pretty painful doing builds at the moment.

Should be back to normal now.

So what happened was that the rawhide compose runs a script called
'block_retired.py' at the beginning of the compose. This untags and
blocks packages that are retired. Normally that takes a minute or two,
no big deal... but sunday all the EPEL7 packages became end of life and
considered retired by the script. It then tried to untag and block all
epel7 packages and it was hammering koji doing so. ;(

I have changed the script to not look at epel7 and restarted a new
rawhide compose. koji should be back to normal.

We do still have to decide what we want to do for all the things it
untagged from epel7. Normally for fedora we just keep things we released
for historical reasons, but perhaps we don't care for epel7.
In any case we can do that slower/without breaking everything.

kevin