Re: New Fedora Planet

Hello everyone,

The PR is in the queue for merging. Soon, it will be possible to add more than one feed.

One important piece of information I forgot to mention is that HTTP links are not allowed. If your blog is set to HTTP in Fedora Accounts, please change it to HTTPS.

Regards,

Pedro Moura

he/him/his

Software Engineer

Red Hat

pmoura@xxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 12:55 PM Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Пан, 20 мая 2024, Pedro Moura wrote:

>> How can I add more feeds? Under my account I had feeds to two Packit
>> blogs, one ABRT and my personal.
>>
>So far, users can only add just one feed. We didn't know the necessity of
>having more than one because we didn't get too many answers in the
>research about sub-planets.
>If that is an issue, we need to ask for an update in noggin and
>consequently fasjson.

Judging by
https://github.com/fedora-infra/freeipa-fas/blob/dev/ipaserver/plugins/baseruserfas.py#L118-L124,
the backend already supports multi-valued fasRssUrl attribute.
'fasrssurl*' is FreeIPA syntax for 'zero or many values'. Indeed,
LDAP 'fasRssUrl` attribute definition lacks SINGLE, so it will be a
multi-valued one.

Noggin has support for lists of values for an attribute and defaults to
a single value. This needs to be fixed for 'rss_url' field in Noggin's
user representation by adding an attr_types override similar to how
'sshpubkeys' and 'gpgkeys' overridden.

So the only visible change needed is probably a Noggin's attr_type
override. fasjson will need a Converter('fasRssURL', multivalued=True)
and that should be enough.

Overall, this looks like a two-line change across two projects.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer