Personal introduction // Interested in adopting orphans

Hi all!

I've probably met a few of you on Matrix already. I've been lurking on irc, but that side is fairly quiet nowadays. (irc is still my go to outside of Fedora)

For those of you who I haven't spoken to yet...
I work primarily in the security and infrastructure space, with some systems and software background sprinkled in as well. I've recently joined Sherlock (upstream) as a maintainer, and have put in a good bit of work reworking things after a nearly-stale year for the project.

After packaging Sherlock for PyPI and DockerHub, I eventually found my way over to my personal distro of choice. Figured I may as well package for the system I use most. Opened a couple Bugzilla requests for review (namely sherlock-project and python-exrex) and a pagure request for sponsorship (python-exrex) after getting quite a bit of helpful feedback from current packagers.

Last Thursday, an inactive packagers list was sent out on devel with a list of now-orphaned packages. Among these are python-git-changelog and python-pyzabbix. Both of these packages are currently still orphaned, and I have an interest in adopting either or both packages.

python-git-changelog's only maintainer was (seemingly) pushed inactive.
python-pyzabbix's co-maintainer is an existing packager, but after speaking with Orion, he is not interested in adopting as the main admin due to time constraints, and he has opened the door for me to do so myself.

From what you all have seen, is there anything that I may need to consider for these packages before adoption, that I may not have already? Horror stories or words of caution?
I'm unable to officially claim these packages as I'm not yet in the packagers group, but I plan to do so as soon as I have some sort of sponsorship (help there is appreciated, of course!).

Glad to meet y'all!

Paul Pfeister
FAS // GitHub (more active recently)
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx