Re: Fedora 40 Elections are now open!

On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 11:31 AM Aoife Moloney <amoloney@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I hope you all are enjoying Fedora 40, and this release also marks the start of a new election cycle[1]. As of now, the nomination period for positions on Fedora Council, Fedora Mindshare, FESCo and EPEL Steering Committee is now open! 🎉

We have some slight changes to some elections this cycle, with more detail available to read on the Elections blog post coming tomorrow as part of the Fedora Council hackfest mini-series, but for now the main things you need to know are the following:

  • We are welcoming the EPEL Steering Committee to our elections cycle! There are currently four seats available for the EPEL Steering Committee, so if you or someone you know would like to serve for a term of 12 months on this committee, you can nominate yourself or someone else on their candidate nominations page[2].

  • The Fedora Council is moving to a once-per-year election, and we will be electing two new members for this cycle for a 12-month term. If you would like to serve on the council, or know someone who would be a great fit, you can nominate yourself or other(s) on the council nominations page[3].

  • The Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) will have four seats open this cycle, and will remain on the current twice per year elections cadence. If you would like to nominate yourself, or someone you know who would be a great addition to FESCo, you can nominate yourself or others on their nominations page[4].

  • The Fedora Mindshare Committee has one seat open for this election term, and their election schedule will also stay on the twice-per-year cadence. If you would like to get involved, or know someone who would be a great person to be considered for the Mindshare committee activities like budget management with the FCA, ambassador work, outreachy work, etc, you can nominate yourself and/or them now on the nominations page[5].

Very Important: Please do not nominate someone for a seat on any of the above governance bodies without their explicit consent.

The nominations period will be open until Wednesday, May 8th and events during the F40 elections period can be found on the schedule[6].

The nomination pages seem to be locked, I can't edit them? At least not the Council, FESCo, or Mindshare ones.