Re: Switching XZ for ZSTD?

Hi,

> There's no such thing as a "distro decision" on this one, as was
> explained in the thread already.

I'm sure the 'explanation' is all clear to you and the other Developers.

I'm also sure that it's not all that clear to non-Developers.

If the explanation was clear and obvious to me, here or anywhere ales, I wouldn't be asking the question.

So, sorry, I guess.

I guess I don't understand how a Distro decision is different from a Distro IN-decision.

For example from what I can read you were in contact with this Jia Tan 'person' during this story.

I hope that a Distro decision would support whatever it takes to give you the tools, time and support to make sure that this sort of thing doesn't sneak past you or anyone.

If there's no way to make that kind of decision then it seems to me Developers could use better support.

This all seems like a very big deal.  Which is why I guess I am reading about it on The Economist.  And why I'm hoping that the Distro has some options to take some actions.

Cheers!

 Arnie