Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)

On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 4:08 AM Steve Cossette <farchord@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alright, so a substantial amount of information changed since the original submission of the change proposal.
It did?  Because the page still reads:
"Switch the default desktop experience for Workstation to KDE Plasma."

We aren't necessarily thinking of demoting Gnome.

And continues "The GNOME desktop is moved to a separate spin / edition, retaining release-blocking status."

Or are you saying you are planning to rewrite the page??

The overall spirit of the CP is that we think KDE, and to some extent the other spins too, need a bit more visibility on the website. At the very least, Gnome and KDE should be up front on the frontpage.

Asking to improve KDE's visibility on the website is certainly quite different to replacing GNOME in Workstation.

Jens