Re: Login issues to lists.* and src.*? Any outages?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 04:46:23PM -0500, Christopher wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 4:01 PM Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 8:20 PM Christopher <ctubbsii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are there any known issues right now for logging in to lists.fedoraproject.org or src.fedoraproject.org?
> > > Do we have a page for known outages?
> >
> > https://status.fedoraproject.org/
> >
> > It currently reports all systems operational
> >

> Yeah, I found that after asking. It also says it's updated manually,
> so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

Well, I am not sure how to answer that... if we know about some issue
that affects a lot of people we try and update it. If we don't know
about an issue, we can't know to update it and if the issue is something
that doesn't seem to affect a lot of people or is something we can
quickly fix, we often don't update it.

> > > I can log in to accounts.fedoraproject.org, so I know my password and 2FA token still works, but not to src.f.o or lists.f.o.
> > > I tried to disable my 2FA in there, to see if that had an effect, but it wouldn't let me (I thought it was optional?)

What happens when you try and login?
Hangs? an error? a timeout?

We have had one of our identity provider vm's from time to time stop
responding to requests (although it responds to liveness checks).
This might be a case of that if you see it timeout.
I just checked and they are both up and working now... are you still
seeing this?

> > Enrolling in 2FA is a one-way action
> > (like Hotel California, you can never leave).

You can actually, but you have to mail admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, use some
method to prove you are you and then your token can be removed.

kevin