Re: exiv2 and protobuf hard to do soname bump without turbulence

On Sat, Feb 10, 2024, 01:50 Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"In order to update Exiv2, we need to know if this is okay to enable
BMFF support. Patents have theorically expired and it is enabled by
default in the latest version."

until isn't clear by legal it should be disabled , if default is enable
,we should disable it and move on , it is not a show stopper

The problem in these cases is that if something has a chance that it's not legally all right, it also needs to be removed from the source code, disabling it just for the build isn't enough.