Re: Proposal: Eliminate buildroot overrides

* Stephen Gallagher:

> On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 1:55 PM Florian Weimer <fweimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> * Stephen Gallagher:
>>
>> > I am unaware of any remaining use cases for buildroot overrides that
>> > are not covered by side tags. If you know of any, please speak up.
>>
>> The overrides are more discoverable:
>>
>>   <https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/overrides/?expired=False>
>>

>> With side tags, you really have to know the name, or you won't be able
>> to find it.  On the other hand, you can just make your own and tag the
>> builds into it, so creating yet another one isn't that much of a problem
>> because they expire evenutally, just like overrides.
>
> What does that gain you, though? I'm not clear on the use-case here.
> Generally when there's a multi-packager effort going on for a
> side-tag, it's coordinated by mail or IRC between people. I'm not sure
> when you'd need to "discover" it.

It's been an issue once or twice when we relied more on ephemeral
channels such as IRC (or just.  But you are right, it does not matter
much these days.

(For rediscovering your own side tags, there is “koji list-sidetags
--mine”.)

Thanks,
Florian