Re: Troubleshooting MD RAID assembly not working after upgrade to F39

On 12/28/23 00:47, Sandro wrote:
On 12/28/23 00:04, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 12/27/23 08:20, Sandro wrote:
I added `level` and `num-devices` to all entries in mdadm.conf and
rebooted. It didn't change anything. Manual assembly still freezes the
system as well.

You need to also update the initramfs using dracut or the modified
mdadm.conf won't be available at boot.

Ah, good point. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. For now I will have a
good rest knowing that there's still something I haven't tried
(correctly). ;)

I tried two things:

1) adding `level` and `num-devices` to the ARRAY definitions
2) Adding DEVICE section and `devices` to the ARRAY lines

With both changes I updated initramfs and rebooted. Unfortunately, the issue remains unsolved.

I have now reached out to the linux-raid mailing list. 🤞