Re: dracut problems quick docs page requires help

Am 30.11.2023 um 09:23 schrieb David Tardon <dtardon@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

On Tue, 2023-11-21 at 06:39 +0000, Ankur Sinha wrote:
Hi folks,

We have this issue open on the quick-docs repo:
https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/issue/641

TLDR; the "debug-dracut-problems" quick doc seems to be out of date
and
needs review/updating.

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/debug-dracut-problems/

"It hasn't been changed in a while" does not equal "it's out of date".
The kernel command line arguments for dracut that the page mentions
still work the same way they worked 10 years ago. (With the exception
of rd.udev.debug, which is ignored by systemd-based initrds; I've
submitted a PR to fix that. And rd.udev.info is kinda pointless, as
"info" is the default log level of systemd-udevd.)

nfortunately, I don't know enough about dracut to do this myself.
Would
someone that knows this stuff please consider reviewing (even
updating?)
the page so we know what to do with it next?

Are there _actual_ problems there, i.e., something that doesn't work
anymore?

Can I take that as „I had a look over the text and found no incorrect or outdated information about dracut“?

In that case I would want to change the "last review“ date.

(FYI: This is part of our strategy to increase the validity and trustworthiness of Fedora documentation, so your effort would really help a lot.)

--
Peter Boy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy

Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST (UTC+2)

Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
Fedora Docs team contributor and board member
Java developer and enthusiast