Re: Heads up: libunibreak 5.1 update coming to rawhide

On Thu, Nov 2, 2023, 01:31 Sandro <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have an update for libunibreak ready and plan to release that for
rawhide in a week (or slightly later).

The new version bumps libunibreak from so.3 to so.5.

I also intend to drop building for i686.

Note: Dropping builds for i686 is technically only allowed to happen without bureaucracy if * and only if* the package is already a leaf package on i686. Dropping i686 builds while package still depend on them is a breaking change that needs to be coordinated better than via side note in an soname bump notification.

Fabio

The following packages depend on libunibreak:

$ fedrq wr -s libunibreak-devel
coolreader-3.2.59-6.fc39.src
fbreader-0.99.4-12.fc39.src
naev-0.10.2-3.fc39.src

I will take care of coolreader. I have tested fbreader and naev in Copr
[1] and they build fine. I've created f40-build-side-76870 for
rebuilding against the updated libunibreak and dropping support for i686.

Please rebuild fbreader and naev (PRs submitted and maintainers in Cc)
in the side tag to ensure a smooth update. If you prefer, you can also
grant me commit rights and I will take care of rebuilding myself.

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/gui1ty/libunibreak/builds/

Cheers,
--
Sandro