Re: Does a change approved for f39 need reapproval for f40?

On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 at 14:24, Ian McInerney via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 2:06 PM Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Well it looks like I took too long to do the deferral to F40, and so
>> FESCO dropped the change:
>> https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3059#comment-875144
>>
>> So now do I need to re-submit as a fresh change for F40?
>

> My reading of the email replies to the FESCO minutes when they announced this (https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/E3M624WQFJV4L5NCJBA3UC746Z7BWNO5/#TMIPXR25CJR72BUMXHKTVICUKVUU5REM) is that they want an entirely new change proposal for it... since they apparently didn't think anyone was working on it and that it was completely abandoned even though you had emailed that you were working on it.

Drat. I finally have some time to pick up the work on it (having
inherited the change from trodgers after he left) and now I can't do
it! That's kinda annoying, as I had mailed the list about it. I
probably should have updated the change to make myself the owner.

Fingers crossed I'll still be able to make time for it after it gets
re-approved. I'll submit a new change.