Re: The new Change discussion process is painful

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 7:08 PM Kevin Kofler via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Adam Williamson wrote:
> From there, it's up to people where they see and respond to them.

But every single announcement gets a reply on the mailing list (which is not
properly threaded in KNode/Gmane, by the way) saying something like:

> The discussion thread to provide feedback for this change proposal can be
> found here https://yaddayadda.example.com/blablabla

With this kind of wording, is it any wonder that people take that as
mandatory and discussion on the mailing list has almost entirely drowned
out? (The only Change that gets any discussion here seems to be the Plasma 6
one, and only because it contains a completely outrageous downstream-only
change hidden in the fine print, silently killing Plasma X11 support.)

Hi Kevin,

Sorry if my wording was giving off a mandatory feel, that was not my intention at all! I took the initiative to respond to each announcement email I was sending with this reply to try to help move the discussion over to discourse, as per the decision made back in May to try that approach for the change proposals to make it easier for folks to find the threads https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/6ASYG2TSI3EUPL24AP65XJACUUODA4RT/ I thought I was being helpful, again apologies for any misinterpretation of intent!

Aoife Moloney

Product Owner

Community Platform Engineering Team

Red Hat EMEA