Re: The new Change discussion process is painful

Dne 13. 09. 23 v 20:22 Stephen Smoogen napsal(a):

On Wed, 13 Sept 2023 at 14:14, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2023-09-13 at 20:07 +0200, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > From there, it's up to people where they see and respond to them.
>
> But every single announcement gets a reply on the mailing list (which is not
> properly threaded in KNode/Gmane, by the way) saying something like:
>
> > The discussion thread to provide feedback for this change proposal can be
> > found here https://yaddayadda.example.com/blablabla
>
> With this kind of wording, is it any wonder that people take that as
> mandatory and discussion on the mailing list has almost entirely drowned
> out? (The only Change that gets any discussion here seems to be the Plasma 6
> one, and only because it contains a completely outrageous downstream-only
> change hidden in the fine print, silently killing Plasma X11 support.)

No, per Matt's reply, you were right and I was wrong, the intent is to
direct discussion to Discourse. I was confused because I was just
following the process documentation (silly me!) which doesn't explain
any of this.

The changes to  how discussions were to go to discourse happened around the same time as Ben was laid off. I think the documentation not getting updated is just one of ... many things left undone.

Apart from documentation, where this was announced? On Discourse? Because I don't remember any email about this change.

Vít