Re: SPDX Statistics - Voyager 2 edition

Dne 22. 08. 23 v 1:08 Fabio Valentini napsal(a):
On Sun, Aug 20, 2023 at 9:11 AM Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
New projection when we will be finished is 2025-01-11 (we are slowing down. Again. :( ). Pure linear approximation.
It might not be as bad as you think!

All rust-* packages had been excluded from tracking since the start,
so the progress I have been making hasn't been tracked, either. I'm

They are excluded from processing. And are (and were) actually counted as migrated from the first day.

happy to say that as of now, all packages for Rust crates (~2300
packages) have been updated to use SPDX license expressions (except
those that have been FTBFS for a long time, which is about 2-3
packages). Over the past few months I've been regenerating packaging
for Rust crates with rust2rpm v24, which also included switching all
crates that had been generated with rust2rpm < v22 to SPDX (also
involved some license fixes / clarifications / problems with missing
license files that are now fixed / etc., often working with upstream
projects).

This is great! I am very happy to hear that. Thank you for doing this.

I run the statistics for rust-* only. And when I omit the reports with "warning: valid as old and new and no changelong entry, please check" and packages that are correctly converted I get:

rust-below warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-bitmaps warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-bootupd - can be trivially converted to Apache-2.0
rust-bootupd - can be trivially converted to Apache-2.0
rust-btrd warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-btrd warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-cargo-c warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-coreos-installer - can be trivially converted to Apache-2.0
rust-coreos-installer
rust-coreos-installer
rust-docopt warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-drg - can be trivially converted to Apache-2.0
rust-dutree warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-dutree warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-gmp-mpfr-sys warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-chrono-tz
rust-ifcfg-devname warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-ifcfg-devname warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-im-rc warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-libslirp
rust-nettle warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-nettle-sys warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-procs
rust-python3-sys warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-rav1e warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-rav1e warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-rav1e warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-rpick warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-rpick warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-rustcat warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-sequoia-keyring-linter warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-sequoia-octopus-librnp warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-sequoia-sop warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-sequoia-sq warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-sequoia-sqv warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-sized-chunks warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-timebomb - can be trivially converted to Apache-2.0
rust-tokei
rust-tpm2-policy - can be trivially converted to EUPL-1.2
rust-tree-sitter-cli
rust-tree-sitter
rust-varlink-cli
rust-ybaas warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-ybaas warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-yubibomb warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-yubibomb warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-zbase32 warning: not valid neither as Callaway nor as SPDX, please check
rust-zincati - can be trivially converted to Apache-2.0
rust-zincati

I briefly checked few packages and found two reasons of these errors:

1) rust-coreos-installer:

License:        ASL 2.0 and MIT and zlib

This is incorrect. The operator has to be upper case. I.e.:

License:        ASL 2.0 AND MIT AND zlib

2) rust-btrd:
License: GPL-2.0

This is not on SPDX list, it should be either GPL-2.0-only or GPL-2.0-or-later

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys