Re: Potential (security) issue for beginners/non-experts when release is End Of Life: Fedora doesn’t consider the behavior of beginners/non-experts sufficiently

On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 12:07:05PM +0200, Leon Fauster via devel wrote:

> Please do not clutter the user experience with such _additional_
> informations. The user on such workstations are not always the
> administrator and such informations would not help/change the
> situation either. I actually do a lot of config work to disable
> such UI "features". For my case the user does not even understands
> or notice it when a major upgrade was done (albeit some UI improvments).
> Of course the active usage of Gnome software or dnf could and should
> provide such information in a prominent way ...

I think it's reasonable that this should be something under admin
control, but for the common default scenario where the single uesr is
also the admin it seems reasonable to let the user know that they'll no
longer receive security updates?