Re: GNOME 45.beta builds for Fedora

On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 12:34 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 12:26 PM Kalev Lember <kalevlember@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Kalev,

Might it be a better idea to wait with building things until *after*
the mass branching?

I have only ever seen things fail when rawhide side tags were kept
open during the mass branching. It might be different for
releng-managed side tags, but for on-demand side tags, you will only
be able to merge them into *one* release (i.e. the new F39 release),
and not two, so you'd need to build a second time for rawhide anyway.

Hi Fabio,

I am aware of the issues around branching - that's why I asked people to avoid doing builds during the branching event (Tuesday). Anything that gets built in the side tag before that can hopefully get merged before the branching, so the builds get into both f39 and rawhide. I'm keeping a close eye on this and cleaning things up if needed. There aren't many packages that need to be built in the side tag this time around (mostly gnome-shell and friends) and that makes it much simpler.

It's also not a releng-managed side tag, it's Kalev-managed :)

You made a good point though and thanks for raising it! Due to the F39 branching on Tuesday (and freezing the repos until the composes pass again) we don't have a lot of days where builds can flow freely and today is one of them, and I don't want to waste it - we don't have a lot of time left until the planned GNOME test week.

--
Kalev