Re: F39 Change Proposal: Enable fwupd-refresh.timer by default on IoT, CoreOS & Server Editions (Self-Contained)

Am 26.07.23 um 15:55 schrieb Solomon Peachy via devel:
On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 09:45:13AM +0200, Ralf Corsépius wrote:
It could be "my bubble", but for me, in all these fwupd is around, it has
never, ever worked on any piece of HW for me.

Most of the stuff I have that is updated through fwupd are peripherals
[1] that are independent of the system vendor.

That said, my two primary systems are a Lenovo laptop and an HP
workstation that are fully supported by fwupd/lvfs,

My (older) lenovo laptop and my HPE Micro-Server are obviously not.

and the UEFI dbx
stuff works on all of the remaining physical systems (including servers)
To my big surprise, for the first time ever, today fwupd installed a dbx update on one of my machine - Now, I am still wondering why it didn't do so on another, similar machine ;)

[1] Off the top of my head: Logitech wireless stuff, Jabra conference
     speaker, synaptics fingerprint sensor, (Samsung?) NVME storage, and
This is the second time, somebody mentions Samsung NVMEs were supported. Well, what shall I say.

I have several of them (and Samsung SATA SSDs), but so far, I always had to resort to other means of updating their firmware (Windows+Magician or iso-images), because fwupd would not want to update.

Ralf