Re: List of long term FTBFS packages to be retired in August

* Peter Robinson:

>> Are bootloaders fully treated as firmware and no longer built by Fedora?
>> At least the shim package does not come with corresponding source code
>> AFAICS.  But I expect that there are other 32-bit pre-boot packages that
>> we still rebuild.
>
> There's shim-unsigned* which is built in Fedora, the output of those
> are sent off to be signed and then the signed binaries are put into
> the final shim packages which don't have source code but they are
> still built on Fedora with the source, just in a two step process due
> to the out of band signing.

I think it's more complicated than that because the shim package can be
cobbled together from multiple different shim-unsigned package versions.

Anyway, I think Fedora strives to be better than “you can find sources
somewhere else if you just look hard enough”.  Can't you automatically
include all relevant SRPMs in the shim SRPM?

Thanks,
Florian